Hendrix Consulting Education (HCE) aims to teach to the 3 learning styles: visual (learns through seeing), auditory (learns through listening), and tactile/kinesthetic (learns through moving, doing and touching). We achieve teaching to the 3 learning- styles through providing educational experiences based in the Integrated Creative Arts, including: creative movement, creative drama, music, visual art, and creative writing. We used the internet, books and information learned in classes so all activities and information you can find if you search for it. The difference is how we organized the information to be used with students.Each student is provided the opportunity to explore weekly themes through seeing, listening, moving, doing and touching.
In addition, we mesh one other educational approach. It is called play-based learning. HCE prides itself on seeking out the best of teaching practices and combining them with the integrated arts approach to education.
This week’s theme is filled with fun and educational activities that help children explore the theme “The Water Cycle and Snowflakes”!
Students will engage in imaginative thinking to explore activities involved with the water cycle and snowflakes. The water cycle focus will include explorations in understand the meaning of a cycle, evaporation, condensation, and precipitation.
When you purchase “The Water Cycle and Snowflakes” the following lesson plan will be emailed to you and will include the following sections:
- Hello Circle:
- Morning Movement: Move to Train Music
- Community Circle
- Music Circle:
- Musical Element/Symbol/Notes :
- Whole Group Warm-Up:
- Whole Group Activity: Integrated Language Arts and Creative Drama and Creative Movement:
- Activity 1 (Integrated Creative Movement, Drama and Science):Activity 2 (Integrated Movement, Drama and Science):
- Integrated Language Skills:
- Letter/digraph/blend (explored during small movement groups):
- Syllabication (explored during story time):
- Plural (explored during story time):
- Rhyming/Word Families/Site-Words (explored during story time):
- Small Group Creative Movement/Music:
- Movement Card:
- Movement Element or skill
- Music Element:
- Movement Elements:
Group Movement Yoga Poses:
- Movement Activity #1 (Integrated Creative Drama and Movement and Language Arts):
- Group Movement Activity #2 (Integrated Creative Drama, Movement, and Teamwork):
- Integrated Handwriting:
- Story-time/Skill Building:
- Visual Art (Two Activities)
Integrated Literature and Writing Day
- Good Morning Movement:
- Hello Circle:
- Integrated Introduction to Book:
- Read-Aloud: The Book
- Literature Focus:
- Pre-reading Activity:
- Making Connections:
- Snack and Open Exploration:
- Plan-It Circle:
- Integrated Creative Writing:
- Time Management:
- Culminating Activity:
- Good-bye Train!
nd the meaning of a cycle, evaporation, condensation, and precipitation.